GKP on PHV “Higher Medical College” of the Akimat of Astana is one of the oldest educational institutions. The history of the college dates back to 1935, with the opening of the Akmola Nursing School.
– 1938. The first graduation. In the prewar years alone, 180 nurses graduated from school.
– 1948. On the basis of the Akmola Nursing School, a paramedic, and then an obstetric department, opens.
– 1954. The school is being transformed into a school, the training of the following specialists begins: pharmacists, medical paramedics, dentists. An evening department for training nurses has opened.
– 1961. The school was renamed the Tselinograd Medical School.
– 1994. The educational institution received the status of a medical college.
– 1999, the Akmola region on the basis of a medical college created the State Utility Treasury Enterprise “Medical College”.
– 2008. Renamed into the GKKP “Medical College” of the Department of Health of Astana.
– 2013. Renamed into the GKKP “Medical College” of the Akimat of Astana.
– 2014. Inclusive training in the specialty “Nursing” with the qualification “Masseur” (for the visually impaired) was introduced.
– 2014. Conclusion Memorandum of cooperation with the JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Jyväskylä, Finland).
– 2014 On the basis of the Order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 417 of 07/23/2014, GKKP “Medical College” of the Akimat of Astana College definitely has a place to test the educational program of applied baccalaureate (post-secondary education) in the specialty “Nursing” in the experiment mode . Recruited in the amount of 25 people.
– October 30, 2015. On the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the college, the International Scientific and Practical Conference “On the Further Development of Nursing Services in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Modern approaches to the training of nursing specialists. ”
– 2016. The implementation of the integrated educational program of applied baccalaureate (post-secondary education) for a flexible accelerated learning path in the experimental mode for nurses with the level of technical and vocational education has begun.
– 2016 by the Decree of the Akimat of Astana city dated August 22, 2016 under No. 106-1469 of the State College of Public Health “Medical College” of the Akimat of Moscow. Astana was renamed into the State Emergency Committee at the Higher Medical College at the Akimat of Astana.
– 02.09.2016. Memorandum of Understanding on the long-term strategic partnership of the Higher Medical College of ASTANA with the Universities of Applied Sciences of the NMK and LAMK (Finland) in the field of development of nursing.
– On January 16, 2017, the State Design Committee for Higher Medical College at the Higher Medical College of the Akimat of Astana successfully passed Institutional and Specialized accreditation for a period of 5 years.
– 01.03.2018. The first graduation of the applied bachelor’s degree program in the specialty “Nursing” with the qualification “Applied Bachelor of Nursing” in the experimental mode in the amount of 46 people took place.